The Best Weight Loss Plan for Busy Women

There seems that there’s no time in a day to count calories, pack a healthy lunch every day, or pay close enough attention to everything I am eating on a daily basis. I felt like I was the “Weekend Dieter.” Dieting only when I had the extra time to allow preparing such healthy and nutritious meals. I was never really much over weight, but I always held that little extra body fat around my middle (waist) and backside. I would consider ten to fifteen by my doctor’s figures, which was always where I stayed. Never gaining more than that, but also not losing more than three or four pounds at any time, and keeping it off was really the difficult part. I have tried many, and I mean many, many diets on the market: South Beach, Atkins, Weigh Watchers, and even Jenny Craig. I will admit Atkins to be the easiest to follow, but I did lose a bit more when I was on Jenny’s diet. They all have so many requirements to keep up with, counting calories, buying specialty mail order foods, etc. These all just seem to be so non-friendly to the typical working mom!



As a matter of fact I decided that some change is required. I start looking for the best ways to stay in shape even when we are busy and have no time. Here is my tips and advises:

1. Schedule your workouts

When I worked in an office, I used daily planner that kept me organized with all aspects of my life—from projects and school deadlines to grocery lists and social events. I wrote down everything, including my workouts. On Sunday afternoons I'd spend some time scheduling my workouts for the week, just like I would with other obligations.

2. Take Advantage of Every Opportunity to Be Active

You may be surprised by how much of your day is spent on inactivity. Rather than whipping out your phone to play games or an eReader to keep you company while the kids are at soccer practice, take the opportunity to go for a walk. Park farther from the door when you shop, and opt for the stairs rather than waiting for the elevator. Remember, every bit of exercise will add up!

3. Remove Temptation at Home

Even if you have a houseful of sugar-addicted children, there’s no real reason why you have to keep tempting, unhealthy food items in the house. Toss out the empty calories and fill their space with less fattening fare. Getting your kids in on the act may cause a few protests at first, but it will also help them form the foundation for better eating habits as they reach adulthood.

4. Become a morning exerciser

Late meetings, evening events, happy hour with colleagues—so many things got in the way of my evening workouts, so I became a morning exerciser. Working out first thing in the morning guaranteed that I fit it in before my day got carried away and excuses popped up.

5. Keep healthy breakfast foods at work

I would keep a number of non-perishable, healthy breakfast options in my work desk. Many mornings, I'd bring a piece of fresh fruit from home (often a banana) and used hot water to make instant oatmeal. I kept various ingredients to mix in like dried fruit, sunflower seeds, nuts, and a jar of peanut butter in my desk, so I never had to think twice about planning my breakfast. When I got sick of eating oatmeal, I'd bring a different kind of fruit or a container of yogurt and mix in the same ingredients.

6. Stick to Water for Hydration

Sodas, energy drinks and coffee all have their appeal, but they may also be filled with artificial sweeteners, chemical additives and loads of empty calories. The next time you start feeling a bit dry, reach for a glass of water instead.

7. Keep a Journal

It’s easy to say that you don’t have time for a journal, but it can be as simple as a quick email sent to yourself each day detailing what you ate and how much physically active time you had each day. Writing down everything you eat forces you to be honest about your habits, and can be a very powerful motivator.

Whatever you do, remember not to be too hard on yourself. Getting discouraged when you don’t feel like you’re losing enough weight is easy, but it’s important to keep the old adage about Rome being built in a day in mind. Your progress won’t happen overnight. In fact, it may be quite gradual. Still any results are better than no results, and you won’t obtain them if you don’t persevere.

0 comments: